Wondering how you can prepare for on-the-fly dental hygiene?
Not sure what you need to take care of your braces and teeth when you’re out all day?
Dental hygiene is always important, but your teeth do need some extra care when you have braces.
The Ann Arbor orthodontists at Stieper and Brust recommend their patients (and anyone with braces) put together a to-go cleaning kit to be prepared for whatever the day throws at you! Check out our simple list of what to include in your to-go braces cleaning kit.
- Storage: keep your kit organized and easy to grab by putting everything in a water resistant cosmetic or toiletry bag.
- Toothbrush: you can’t get the best clean without one of these! Try a travel size to save space or special brushes designed for cleaning braces.
- Floss: mini flossers or a small pack of dental floss and threaders are a must-have for your cleaning kit.
- Mirror: it’s much easier to see you’re getting a thorough clean with a mirror, so pack a compact mirror in your kit.
- Toothpaste: freshen your breath and get squeaky clean when you include a travel-sized toothpaste in your to-go kit.
- Dental Wax: not everything about caring for braces focuses on cleaning! Keep a bit of dental wax in your kit to address irritations when you’re on the go.
- Pain Reliever: unfortunately, braces have been known to cause occasional discomfort, especially after adjustments. Be prepared with a pain reliever in your kit.
Stieper & Brust Orthodontics Know How to Care for Your Smile
The orthodontic experts of Stieper & Brust have much more to offer than great advice on to-go cleaning kits for your braces. Whether you’re looking for a consultation or need to come in for a braces check-up, we’re ready to help you achieve your goals. Give us a call today!